Welcome! I am so glad that you stumbled across my tiny slice of the internet! I hope you will grab a cup of coffee or perhaps a glass of wine and visit with me for a while!
My name is Michelle and I am looking forward to cutting the crap and sharing some truths about life with you. I’ve been around for five decades, plenty long enough to have some stories that might be helpful to you – stories about relationships, parenting, self-discovery, and life in general. One thing I have learned is that we really all have a lot in common. We all celebrate the same victories and have some of the same struggles too.
I have always been drawn to reading articles that were written by women on topics that I can relate to in various areas of my life. When the internet allowed this information to become available to us with the click of a mouse and a few keystrokes, I was thrilled! I discovered the world of blogging and have dreamed of having my own website ever since.
I chose the name, In the Middle of Now, because I realized that we often look back with regret or look forward to something better in the future instead of focusing on life that is right in front of us. We are all in the middle of what life is now, and this is what we need to deal with. I want this to be a place where we can talk about real life things without the sugarcoating. No hiding or pretending that everything is perfect, when I know that it isn’t.
Now that you know why I started this blog, I’ll tell you a few things that you might like to know about me:
- I am a 51-year-old divorced mom of two big kids, ages 23 and 19, and I am happily in a relationship with the love of my life.
- I worked full-time for many years for a school district, but not in the classroom.
- I am now a teacher, and sometimes question what I was thinking starting a new career at a later age. I know, right?
- It took me nearly 30 years to get my Bachelor of Arts degree, but now I’ve also finished graduate school.
- I’m not 100% sure where I am headed, but I am more sure now than I have ever been before.
- I am always tired and always broke.
- I am busier than I’d like to be, but sometimes that is by my own choice.
- I drink more coffee than I’d like to admit, but I’m not sorry.
- I love cats and some dogs.
- I drink wine everyday…unless I run out and forget to stop by the liquor store.
- I love to write and I started keeping a journal in the 4th grade.
- I do not like parenting as much as I expected to. (Yep, I said that out loud)
- I am a germophobe and I worry too much, but I take medicine that helps.
- I play the flute and I love music so much that I have a tattoo with music notes in it.
- I am a really imperfect over-thinker and I am pretty complicated.
- I’m sarcastic, snarky and cynical sometimes.
- I believe that life is messy and that most of you will agree.
I am so glad you’re here and I am excited to connect with all of you!